ABOUT MANASA TRUST (ESTABLISHED IN 1998)
Manasa Trust was founded with the objective of promoting the concept of positive mental health education and driving away the stigma associated with mental ill health.
For the past 19 years the trust has used all platforms to impart awareness about mental health. A few notable ones include:
- Training graduate and post graduate students of nursing, social work and psychology, clinical psychology from different colleges across Karnataka and outside by conducting workshops and by providing internship opportunities.
- Organising public lectures on contemporary issues which influence mental health. A few of the luminaries who have delivered these lectures include Dr.Kiran Bedi, Mrs. Margaret Alva, Mr.Kiran Kumar, Justice Santhosh Hegde, Dr. B.M Hegde, Sri. Girish Karnad, Dr. Ganesh Devi, Dr. Prakash Amte and so on.
- Establishing MEFFMH in 2004, with the aim of furthering Mental Health education in the distance mode for students with zeal and aptitude for learning counselling. This institution has successfully provided facilities to do post graduate diploma in counselling in distance mode.
- Establishing Kateel Ashok Pai Memorial Institute in 2017. This is a degree college offering courses in the stream of humanities. The college also offers M.Sc. in Psychology in affiliation with Kuvempu University. The uniqueness of college lies in the fact that the students are exposed to practical training in psychology, social work, and others extensively through the well-organized practical classes. Extensive coaching and internships in the field of dramatics, competitive examinations, literature, from the beginning of the bachelor courses are the special features of this college.
- The college also offers M.Sc. Clinical Psychology program recognised by Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences.
In order to continue the rich legacy left behind by Dr. Pai, 'Manasa' Centre for Cultural Studies' - MCCS has been established. It is a multi-disciplinary centre of contemporary research with focus on the social sciences and humanities. The objective is to provide a meeting ground for scholars from several fields of knowledge and to set up a meaningful conversation among them.
It is designed as a small centre based in Shivamogga and consciously drawing on intellectual and cultural resources of Karnataka's unbroken history of diversity. It is designed to be multi-disciplinary in its approach to research and in all its activities.
MCCS offers research fellowships, invites leading intellectuals as visiting scholars, organises research workshops and takes up projects on relevant contemporary issues.
MCCS has been recognised as centre of Manipal academy of higher education (MAHE) for Ph.D. programme and collaborative research
The nodal centres of the academic activities of Manasa Educational Foundation are Manasa Nursing Home ,Manasadhara( a psycho social rehabilitation centre),Manaspoorthi(a resource center for training children with learning disabilities) and Smruthi ( neurology unit).
Contact addressManasa Educational Foundation for Mental Health
J. P. N. Road, I Cross, Shivamogga - 577201, Karnataka, India
Ph 08182 325711, 94482 88483 / 88 / 89